Sunday, November 02, 2008

leaving Vancouver...

I'll keep this short as I'm leaving town pretty soon. I got into Vancouver last Thursday night, and stayed at the Cambrie hostel, in Gastown near downtown, the past three nights. It was actually a little bit of culture shock coming into the big city after hanging out in Jasper, and I feel like in general I realized that I'm just not much of a city boy. Jasper, at a few thousand, felt like about the right size of a place to hang out in, especially with nice scenery around it. So I'm headed out of here shortly and driving up to Whistler just to check it out. I have a night reserved at the hostel for tonight, but unfortunately they were booked after that, so I'm not quite sure what I'll end up doing tomorrow. Hopefully another spot in the hostel opens up by then.

But I've had a pretty good time in Vancouver, despite the fact that I got sick right when I got here and it's still hanging around. But I'd met someone online before arriving, a girl from Japan who is now working at the University of British Columbia, and so we met up Friday night (which happened to be Halloween). We just had dinner at the pub next to the hostel I was staying at, and then today we went for a short hike just outside of Vancouver. And last night I went to see the movie "W.", which I definitely recommend, it was really well done. So, that's all for now, I'll just write again whenever I get the chance. I shot several videos but can't upload them yet, because I need someone's laptop in order to transfer the files from my camera card to a USB drive so that I can then upload them here to the blog. So who knows when I'll get around to doing that.

No comments: