Thursday, April 03, 2008

it's hot in Bangkok

It's definitely warmed up in Bangkok the past couple of days. Although part of the reason is that my new hotel room is south facing and gets blasted by the sun, so according to the temperature gauge on my alarm clock it got up to 104 in there today (40 degrees celsius). So it's definitely getting on time to head for the beach, which I'll probably do the day after tomorrow. Yesterday I did a bunch of walking around the city, visiting some Buddha statues and the Golden Mount, where you walk up a bunch of stairs that curl up around this temple, and get a great view of the city. Then today I just rested pretty much and took it easy, except that sweating away in that kind of heat isn't all that restful. But tomorrow I might be meeting up with some other people, so I'll hang out at least for another day. But my current room is pretty cheap and I found some good local eating spots, plus I bought my own muesli mix from the grocery store for an affordable breakfast, and I'm done with the shopping so I'm not spending too much money for the time being, which is a good thing. So I guess that pretty much covers things for now, can't think of anything too interesting to write about. So I'll just get back online again in the next day or two, before I hop on a bus going south.

No comments: