Thursday, April 03, 2008

flight cancelled

Bummer. Last week, I got an email from my aunt Chris saying that Aloha Airlines had filed for bankruptcy and canceled all their flights. I checked my flights and fortunately (at the time at least) my flight from Hawaii back to California was on ATA Airlines, so no problem. But I do have an inter-isle flight, from Honolulu to Lihue, Kauai with Aloha Airlines. I checked their website and as far as I could tell they were still planning to operate their inter-isle Hawaii flights, so it looked like I was in the clear.

Well, now I just came across another story that ATA Airlines has also filed for bankruptcy, and canceled all of their flights. I checked their website and sure thing, it looks like my flight from Lihue back to Oakland (it was direct, no inter-isle flight to Honolulu) is no longer happening. The good news is that it sounds like, since I purchased it with a credit card I may be able to get a refund through the credit card company (which is lucky, the rest of my flights I'd paid cash for through a travel agent, but that final leg I hadn't booked at the time I did all my other ones, I just reserved it on travelocity.com a month or two ago). But the problem is that it was a super cheap flight, under $200 one-way and I doubt I'll be able to find a similar deal. So, I guess I'll be working on that my next couple of days here in Bangkok. At least I figured it out now before leaving, because I probably won't be getting online much once I take off from here.

No comments: