Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More photos of Cairo, Egypt (click here)

Arrived in Cairo yesterday afternoon, and spent today just walking around the city. It's an extremely interesting city, great for just walking around. Very busy and bustling, a little scruffy in places with scattered garbage, etc., and a lot of towering and rather drab apartment buildings, but nothing like the overwhelming pollution, decrepit infrastructure and borderline chaos of most cities in, for example, India. More on par with Bangkok, although not quite as modern. Tomorrow I'll most likely visit the pyramids, and/or the Egyptian museum, and Friday I'm hopping on an overnight train to Aswan. Then from there I'll head back north to Luxor. After that I might go check out one of the oases in the desert west of Luxor. Anyhow I'll try to write more soon, I'm beat and badly in need of a shower...

No comments: