Friday, October 17, 2008

some old photos of Banff and Jasper...

Here are a bunch of photos I took on my way up to Jasper back in August. I was unable to post them at the time, because I wasn't able to send picture messages from my phone once I got to Jasper, so they've been stuck on my phone this whole time. But I just decided to give it another try, and they went through this time...

The town of Banff in Banff National Park, which is directly south of Jasper National Park:



Bow Lake in Banff Nat'l Park, where I did a hike:



A glacier on the Icefields Parkway, which is the road connecting Banff and Jasper parks (they share a border, and both are also right up against the Alberta/B.C. border, but are wholly in Alberta. There are other national parks that are right over the border in B.C.):



One of the massive vehicles they use to give tours on the glaciers:



Some poor suckers stuck hitchhiking....Actually I would have picked them up myself, if my car wasn't so crammed with my stuff already:

No comments: