Friday, July 25, 2008

heading out



Here's a photo of me swimming (well, not actually swimming, but about to) at a nearby lake....I'm going to keep this one nice and short as it's getting late. But I take off from Achille and Francoise's place tomorrow (the French Canadian couple I've been wwoofing for). Achille and I are both going to a nearby music festival, in the Slocan Valley, about an hour away. Then I've talked to someone else that I may be wwoofing for next week. But I'm ready for a break for a few days, after hauling and chopping wood for, I think, 8 of the past 9 days (with a day off in the middle). Speaking of which, notice the photo below of me chopping wood. I chopped all of the wood in the pile next to me, plus another even bigger pile, and one smaller one. So I definitely had a bit of a lumberjack experience...I'm sore but mostly in a good way. And it's been great hanging out here on their beautiful piece of land. So the wwoofing thing is definitely a great idea, a good way to meet local people, travel around and do it cheaply. I literally didn't spend a dollar while I was here (except, of course, for all my unavoidable monthly bills, i.e. phone, insurance, credit cards and student loan).....I'm not sure exactly when I'll have internet access again but most likely pretty soon, so I'll write again whenever I get to another place, or at least get my upcoming plans straightened out.

1 comment:

New Beginnings said...

like the blog! I enjoy reading it! The photography is good as well!