Tuesday, September 25, 2007

on Kauai

(originally written September 20th, 2007)

Nothing too exciting to report so far, other than that I made it here. The flights were pretty boring and uneventful, since there wasn't too much to look at over the Pacific Ocean. I met a guy from Canada at the youth hostel who was checking in at the same time as me, and since he had a rental car I got a ride with him to the local grocery store to do some shopping. While I was there I ran into Eric, the guy from my work back in Portland who I had discovered was flying here the same day I was for a week vacation. I'll probably end up hanging out with him and the folks he's with in a couple days.

So that pretty much covers things for now. It's great to be here, but it's been a bit stormy so I might not be getting much of a tan right away. And also the guy from Canada, who is a scuba diver, said that the water has been bad for diving and snorkeling as a result. Kauai weather is pretty unpredictable though so I'm sure it'll change soon enough.

No comments: